How do I determine what size Keen Kutter I am using?
- When ordering replacement parts for your Keen Kutter it is important to know what size you are using to ensure that you are ordering the correct parts for your machine.
- There are 3 ways to check what size you are using:
- 1.) Check the front of your metal cutting head frame (the grid that holds the blades) near where it says 'Shaver Specialty' on the cutting head, you will see a size indication stamped into the metal. It may say one of these: 1/8, 3/16, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8
- 2.) Look at an old blade envelope, there will be a black line to indicate what size blades are/were in that envelope.
- 3.) Check on the bottom of your pusher block, (black plastic piece that pushes the food through the cutting head). On the bottom of this plastic piece there will be an imprint molded into the plastic, of the size of that pusher block. It may say one of these: 1/8", 3/16", 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 5/8"
What is the difference between Small Blades & Spacer Blades?
- Keen Kutters have 2 different types of blades on the cutting head.
- Small blades - these are the blades that are more abundant on the head
- Spacer blades - there are 2 spacer blades on each cutting head and these blades help determine the size of the cut.
- Cutting heads need BOTH types of blades to work properly. Small blades are sold in packs of a dozen, and Spacer blades are sold in packages of 2.
- Spacer Blades are Size Specific! Be sure to order the correct size for your machine.
How do I contact you?
For Online Orders, email is the best method of contact!
Phone: (310) 370-6941
Fax: (310) 370-3851
20608 Earl St
Torrance, CA 90503